Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dreams

There I was standing in the hallway leading into a bigger room full of people. I feel a big overwhelming since that I have forgotten something, something that seems at that moment extremely important. I look down and notice that I am barefoot. I can’t go into a group of people to speak to barefoot can I? Wait a minute if that was all that wouldn’t be too terribly bad. However I do not have my clothes on either, just my boxers…Well at least I’m not naked. I must hide before no one notices me, I can’t move, there is nowhere to run. Everyone is staring at me, waiting for me to make a move. All I want to do is lay down curl up and close my eyes. Yes that is it. I do this I can hide from my embarrassing situation…I used to have dreams like this. Not too long ago and almost every night.

This time the dream was different, I was talking to a girl, she knew what all of her grades were before the end of the semester, not to mention she had straight A’s. This was a new thought process for me; I was never good at school, and never wanted to see what my grades were. Much less go to the teacher and ask them for a performance report. My grades were never good in school; C’s if I could even get that at times. So I decided from my conversation with this girl I should go check my grades. She was very convincing that you need to know what your grades are at all times. If you don’t know where you stand, how will you be able to improve? So that made since to me. I went to the teacher and asked for my grades. The teacher laughed, she told me you have to turn in your work to get a grade, look you have incompletes across the board. That is when I woke up.


There are at least 25 different references to dreams in the bible from Joseph to Paul. Each dream had a meaning and an interpretation. I wish I could be like Joseph and summons up a guy to come interpret my dreams. From my own interpretations I would say that I am dealing with anxiety. But what kind and why. Let’s see, I have incomplete work, and many projects that I want to start, maybe I am not doing as much as I could be. “Not wanting to ask for my grades”, that could be me not willing to accept the fact that I am not doing as much as I could be, maybe I’m afraid to ask others for a review. I heard in a sermon the other day that we should all receive checkups from others. Dig deep into our character. We all need accountability partners; I have my wife, but is that enough? Probably not, how many accountability partners does one really need? I need at least three maybe even as many as five. According to the pastor of the sermon we need to do checkups at least weekly


Back to the unfinished work, I have several things on my plate that I have not given my all at. Our 50 states in 50 days, I have not kept up with like I should. Newsletters, updates on coffee, and other business needs relating to coffee. I think I can see what is going on. I too am being spoken to through my dreams. It’s time to wake up and start working, living and having fun. First I need to find another accountability partner, no first I need to pray over everything that is weighing heavily on my heart, then find me that accountability partner.

No comments: