Friday, March 27, 2009

15 day journey of language school day 3


Day 3
I woke up feeling a little tired today. I feel good but tired. However I was ready to bring on the day. Food again has been good here at Tina’s. Class was good an productive. I think even though I am already behind Corbett. I guess I am just a slow learner. O well, I am trying. My teacher is great. She laughs at me but makes me feel comfortable and that it is ok to screw up. I have been studying the words given to me from yesterday, I still don’t have all of them down and today we went to the market, I learned what several of the items are that I didn’t know before. I also didn’t know before today if some of the items in the market were vegetables or fruits. I have a better understanding know. My teacher tried to teach me how to write the names and would try to spell it out for me. After about three words of suffering, she took the notebook and wrote them down for me. I guess something’s I have no hope on spelling in English or Spanish is not a strong area for me. Was that a P or a B or was that a T, I don’t know.


Corbett went to sleep at 7:15 again, which is ok. It gives me more time to study. I know I am going to be quizzed tomorrow on what we learned today. And I want to do a good job and not fail. I am so frustrated about my Spanish, I wish I could carry on a conversation, I act like I understand when I think more often than not I do not understand. Today I learned fruits and vegetables, body parts and more vocabulary, plurals and masculine and feminine proprieties. If I can retain the words tomorrow I will be excited. We went to Café Welch again today. Tomorrow we will go to a bird park. We were going to go to the ruins but at the last minute I decided today was not a good day to go. Maybe we will go later in the week when we have more time.

No comments: