Friday, March 27, 2009

15 day journey of language school day 4


Day 4
We had pancakes and fruit for breakfast. I am use to having syrup but we didn’t have any . Instead we had local honey. That is preferred in Honduras and I guess will take a little time getting use to. I had a lot of fruit. I love fruit. I could get use to living here with Tina. Her house is really hot and the bed is uncomfortable but the food is excellent and she is very personable and likes to talk which is good practice for us. Class was good today. I’m not sure if my teacher is laughing aa lot because she laughing at me or because I’m funny to her. What ever it is it makes me feel comfortable and makes it easier to learn. I guess if I was afraid to make fun of myself it might be different. But I am the first to make fun of myself. I don’t like teachers that are up tight. This afternoon we went to a bird park called Guacamaya. Which is Macaw in English. It was pretty cool; we got to see many birds native to Honduras, some that are near to extinction due to trading, illegal exporting and so forth. We saw Toucans, Macaws (This is the national bird of Honduras), and the national bird of Belize I don’t remember the name but that’s ok. At the park they take in abandoned birds that were taken from the wild illegally. They have a cool looking natural swimming hole however we didn’t take advantage of it. And the best part was a interactive area where you can hold some of the birds. How often do you get to hold a giant Macaw? We ate at a restraint recommended by my teacher, something Momos. It was decent priced and great food. I had the Tipico Con Carne. This is a typical plate you will find in most restraints here in Honduras. It consists of eggs, refried beans, fried bananas, tortillas and meat, I had chicken. Today in class I worked on occupations and AR verbs. Conjugating verbs is not that hard to me. Its remembering the vocab and the meaning that kills me. My teacher sent home with me homework and 30 note cards. With occupation pictures and told me to memorize them for tomorrow. She jokingly told me I could only miss one! I have about 15 that I can’t remember urgg. O well time to go memorize.

No comments: