Friday, March 27, 2009

15 day journey of language school day 5


Day 5
We had eggs and toast and more fruit. I love the fruit here. My wife doesn’t. She doesn’t like fruit in general, a little on the weird side. Class was good today. My Teacher gave me a 97% on my memory skills with the occupation cards. I had 3 that I struggled with on the pronunciations. Well that’s better than what I use to get in school and yesterday I couldn’t remember 15 of them. So it is true the older you get the wiser. Yea whatever. I tried a joqcotes today. Its some type of fruit. I really liked it. It was similar in texture to a plum but tastes totally different, and the size of the fruit is similar to a large cherry. Today was the 1st day my brain started shutting down. The last 30 min of class was horrible. Its like I took a sleeping pill for my brain. One step forward 2 steps back. I learned today that my teacher is not a Christian or catholic. But because of my lack of Spanish, sentences are hard to come by and I was not able to ask her any questions about it. So that is something I need to pray about. This afternoon we went to the Copan Ruins the main brain spot of the ancient Mayans. It is a really cool place to visit. To learn of a lost people group and see the art work they produced around 700BC. We hired a tour guide. Very necessary for the 1st time to visitors. There were only a few signs explaining what was going on, what each structure meant and why they disappeared. The guide was not cheap but necessary and worth it. We learned a lot about the Mayan culture. I took a lot of pictures but found out that my camera chip is corrupt again. I only got 8 pictures. So this is the 3rd time I have taken pictures this year and lost them because of my memory chip. At least it worked yesterday at the bird park. After the park we went to a coffee shop that has free internet. Good coffee and great chocolate cake. I got to check up on several things and emails and all is well. I better go study my verbs. I have many words to remember.

No comments: