Friday, March 27, 2009

15 day journey of language school

Day 6
Today was our last day of class at Guacamaya Language school in Copan. I feel that this has been a very good week for us, well I can speak for myself, that this was needed 2 years ago. And I know for sure that I need to go for another 3 - 6 months. I want to communicate and need to communicate here in Honduras. As a local friend pointed out to me the other day, I sound like a Gringo. I dont want to sound like a Gringo anymore, it is time to start living Honduran!!! I really enjoyed my teacher Duneska and Corbett really enjoyed her teacher as well. We feel that this might be the place we will return to for the duration of our school experience. Todays class was extremly hard for me. We were behind and so we tried to cram four iregular verbs into one day's worth of lessons. Not cool, my brain couldnt handle it. Well at least I know where I will need to pick up next week when we travel to Trujilla for another week of language school. A new week and a new school, new teachers and location. Hopefully we will have as good a week as we had this week. This afternoon Corbett will go to learn how to make a pasterila (something that is common here in Copan). I like them so that is a good thing.

Tomorrow we will leave for San Pedro to pick up Makenzie, she has been with Cindy and Henry all week getting spoiled. Next week will be very difficult for us I fear. Our child may be rebleous to us. Only time will tell. Our bus leaves Copan at 7 am. We were talking to our house lady about when we were going to leave. When we told her that we were going to take the 10:15 bus, she said o no, there is not a 10:15 bus, only early morning and late in the afternoon. We were told by the agent in San Pedro that a bus left from Copan at that time. Another reason we need spanish, in the morning the last bus that leaves is 7am . Then the next one that leaves is 2 in the afternoon. It's a good thing we went to purchase our tickets today. Long day tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. I really dont want to leave here even though it is expensive here.

No comments: